FogRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Ride the Fog - We do the Impossible - We PWN Pros

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Facebook connect is now supported. Link your accounts [here] under "Associate your Facebook account". Once linked you can login to the forum/portal with one click.
I is announced! It will be held on Match of 6th.

HeadShot Guide

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Vlad
Administrator
Administrator
Vlad

Kudos : 4

HeadShot Guide Empty
PostSubject: HeadShot Guide   HeadShot Guide Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 4:05 am

Getting headshots in Counter-Strike, DOD, COD4 or even TF2 doesn’t come easy. It takes years of practice, a fast machine capable of providing smooth game play and finally… skill. Yet, even then, there are guys who seem to have all of the above and still can’t get consistent headshots. Here’s why:

The golden concept: What you practice, you get good at.

Remember that.

If your idea of practice is to jump on a public server and get as many kills as fast as possible… then you’re only harming yourself in the long run. Pubbing does not build skill.

Why?

Because on public servers, you’re matched up against mediocre players. So even if you miss a lot of your shots, as long as you shoot first, you’ll usually end up winning the battle.

Unconsciously, you train yourself to shoot first without aiming. That becomes part of you… even if you don’t want to. If you’re used to playing with the “shoot first, aim second” because you play on pubs a lot, then that’s what you’ll AUTOMATICALLY do even in match situations.

As I previously mentioned, what you practice, you get good at… even if it’s something that doesn’t help you.

The solution: Instead of going for as many kills as possible, go for the highest level of accuracy that you can possibly achieve. Make every single shot count, and always aim for the head. If you’re playing Counter-Strike, make sure that every single kill you get is a headshot, and that you don’t waste a single bullet. When aiming, take as MUCH time as you need to hit the head, even if it means dying in the process.

Concentrate on that, and you’ll be practicing perfection.

After a while, you’ll re-train yourself to automatically aim for the head before shooting. You’ll become a human aimbot.

A fair bit of warning, the first time you try this, expect to die. You’ll be taking a lot more time to aim than usual, so it will throw your rhythm off and consequently, you won’t get kills that you would of normally gotten by spraying. However, with practice, the time it takes to aim will decrease and your headshot percentage will go up.

Eventually, you won’t even have to think of it and you’ll naturally spend the required time to aim for the head. If you ever find yourself slipping and start shooting too quickly, make sure you do this exercise again!

So remember, if you practice shooting quickly, that’s what you’ll do in the match.
If you practice perfection, you’ll be accused of cheating because you got too many headshots! Life’s tough.

--------

That was CopyPaste, but to tell you the truth, it is realy like that. My HeadShots are Machenichal-Automatic, i don't even aim, it just happens.
It is true, it takes long time of Practice, like i said in previos Posts i played 1-2 years CounterStrike Source, and then Combat Arms, also i played a lot of others Single Player and Multy Player Games.

Vlad
Back to top Go down
http://fogriders.webs.com
Firegod
Firegod

Kudos : 1

HeadShot Guide Empty
PostSubject: Question/Problem with this post   HeadShot Guide Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 7:40 am

OK, so i was actually told to do the exact same thing by L4Long. He told me to go to annihilation, and to just sit there and go for the head all the time.

I did that, and my aim really didnt get much better. But I think its for a diffrent reason.

I do agree with the post in that many people think "Shoot first, aim later." and I really belive that im a victim of that. Even back in the day of N64 Goldeneye, I never aimed for head, I just thought *I need to kill this dude.* So i would run up to him with guns blazeing untill the guy died.

So I do know that I need to "aim before I shoot", however.....

My question to you Vlad and all other team memebers, is WHAT do you conentrate ON when you are SHOOTING!

That is something I cant figure out to get the most out of my accuracy.

For example, I have figured that if i focus on the "crosshair" that usually I am a bit more attentative, and my reaction time is a bit faster, however, the drawback to that is that if im only focused on the crosshair, that means that things out of my field of view I cant see, and therefore I will die not seeing my enemy. Also, the second more annoying drawback is that on some levels, the crosshair blends in with the background. So ill completly loose the crosshair, and then i cant aim anymore.

On the flip side, If i focus on my "surroundings", what happens is that I see someone, and THEN try to put the crosshair on their heads..........but by that time im usually dead.......

So again, my question is this........when you are looking at the screen, what are you concentrateing on.........what makes your aim more accurate?

I hope this isnt to complex and that everyone understands what im going through.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
xeno21
Corporal
Corporal
xeno21

Kudos : 0

HeadShot Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: HeadShot Guide   HeadShot Guide Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 5:09 pm

Most of the time I am aiming at place where I think will be if he will come up from the corner ready to press fire.
I move I change place of crosshair to more dangerous place.
I am aiming not at corner itself but at place where my enemy will be when I my reaction allows me to press fire.
Back to top Go down
SiLeNCel2
Captain
Captain
SiLeNCel2

HeadShot Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: HeadShot Guide   HeadShot Guide Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 8:41 pm

if you THINK about your aim during a fight and where to place the crosshair and stuff... you have lost already!

i try to play a game so long until i forget that im aiming... and thats when the best shots happen! no joke... it must become a natural feeling or instinct like for example when a fly is annoying you, you automatically try to scare it off with your hand!

i dont have problems with aiming for the head, but over the years i stopped doing it cause there was that game... FEAR combat... i was REALLY good at this game (not like in ava where i dont know what to do most of the time), and there was that "ASP rifle" that did 3-shot bursts and was most effective if you aim for the chest and let the recoil direct the other 2 bullets to the neck and head.... this way you get your headshot too, but one that does way more damage! if you went straight for the head with that gun, chances were high that only one bullet hits the head and the other 2 kiss the sky!

the result: after 3 years of pwning with ASP, aiming for the chest became a natural thing for me.... which sux!
now im forcing myself to do headshots again, and im on a good way: with my first ava account, i had a rate headshot/normal kill at 1:10... with the new acc its already 1:5 (still bad tho)!

xeno21 wrote:
I am aiming not at corner itself but at place where my enemy will be when I my reaction allows me to press fire.
that´s exactly how i do it, works wonders!
but "first shoot then aim" is bad idea in ava i think (unless your into prefire), cause the first shot is always the most precise one.... with weapons like ak or sako, this means a lot!!

of course, everyone has moments of aim fail or a bad day, but remember: if you dont have to think about aim, you can focus much more on the game itself and the surroundings! so make your mouse settings once, practice with them and then forget everything about it again and just play! xD
Back to top Go down
Firegod
Firegod

HeadShot Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: HeadShot Guide   HeadShot Guide Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 8:09 pm

I see what you guys mean. And I guess I will have to use this information to get myself better at it.

I do belive that my aim has gotten better, playing those russian reflex games and useing firefox have definatly helped.

Also Silence, I am into frefire XP, after watching quench on that video, I have been trying to perfect the strafe shoot technique that Vlad has been talking about so much.

I guess I will just keep practicing at it untill it becomes natural!
Back to top Go down
Baraclavia
Private First Class
Private First Class

Kudos : 0

HeadShot Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: HeadShot Guide   HeadShot Guide Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:00 am

head shots are usually better for the Ak but for m4 users like me hitting some one on the head messes up there crosshair and i would have an advantage of killing that person Smile
atleast hit someone on the head once to make there cross hair mess up and quickly kill them before they finally fix there crosshair and kill you Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HeadShot Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: HeadShot Guide   HeadShot Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HeadShot Guide
Page 1 of 1