FogRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Ride the Fog - We do the Impossible - We PWN Pros

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Facebook connect is now supported. Link your accounts [here] under "Associate your Facebook account". Once linked you can login to the forum/portal with one click.
I is announced! It will be held on Match of 6th.

Lockdown Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyelost
Forum Bahamut
Forum Bahamut
Eyelost

Kudos : 5

Lockdown Thread Empty
PostSubject: Lockdown Thread   Lockdown Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:19 pm

Tip Before Reading: This trick is used ONLY for temporary weapons, it works with permanents but then defies the nature of "No Repair Costs".

Because our lockdown is so buggy and glitchy I'll start up a little guide for Lockdown mode as Hank is handling rescue and escape. Furthermore I might also eventually do the one for Death Valley... but for now I've decided to do one for lockdown as I discovered a fun glitch to exploit until fixed. (I'd assume it's also a glitch that won't get anyone banned as when I discovered it, all I did was switch from one class to another while I was DEAD. Nothing to special is required for this.)

First what you want to do is start the game as whatever class you wanna remain for the full run. It's very simple. Though I'll teach you the basics of the guide, if you wanna do in depth you could be a Rifleman using a Sniper (so you'd be a sniper with the rifleman defense boost) or you can mix it up and be a Pointman using a Sniper (Fairly less accuracy for single shots, but quicker movement due to pointman boost.) or you could even be a Rifleman using the Pointman weapon (so rifleman defense with the ability to be using a pointman gun.)
It's actually quite easy to understand, I'll start showing some pictures. You'll notice when I do this, I always do it via Pointman, the movement boost given is rather.... useful imo. Also note it's best to do this trick with a temporary gun as they DO NOT USE REPAIRS. You'll understand more when you see the pictures.

Lockdown Thread ScreenShot00065Lockdown Thread ScreenShot00066
Notice here, I decided to show you guys my weapons information before the run. The Sako (which everyone knows I usually use) is at a clear 100%.

Lockdown Thread ScreenShot00067
Start your game with the class you wish to remain through your entire run (Honestly I recommend Pointman hands down, it's the only one worth doing imo because of the movement speed)

So yeah, you continue off like that, and let the round and game load up. Remain Pointman, Once the round is fully loaded up, and starts go ahead and switch your next respawn to whatever you really feel like using (but with the Pointman speed boost ;D Best idea I'd suggest is using Rifleman, as sniper rifle isn't to effective in Lockdown.)
Lockdown Thread ScreenShot00069

Now honestly, noone should have a hard time with round 1, even if you started as a Sniper(which lord knows why you would... lol). Go ahead and finish off your round, notice what happens in round 2.
Lockdown Thread ScreenShot00070

Success, I'm a Pointman using a different gun, it's pretty much that simple. Though I'll go ahead and show you even more.
Round 3, I decided to switch to Sniper (note pic as proof)
Lockdown Thread ScreenShot00072

What do you think happened?
Lockdown Thread ScreenShot00073
Sniper with Pointman abilities.

Now, the full purpose of this entire post is this, Notice before I started the game my equipped weapons was a what... ? Exactly, a temporary Bizon!

Lets see what happens after the game... shall we?
Lockdown Thread ScreenShot00074
Lockdown Thread ScreenShot00075
Lockdown Thread ScreenShot00076

Incase you think the screenies don't match, Notice the bizon... Though it's hard to tell, has infact gone down.
It's really that simple guys, go ahead and test it out.

-******More will be added about strategical tips for Lockdown in the near future******-
Back to top Go down
SiLeNCel2
Captain
Captain
SiLeNCel2

Kudos : 1

Lockdown Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lockdown Thread   Lockdown Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:03 pm

haha, now i´m trying to imagine how awesome an l85 with pointman moving speed would be! xD
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Administrator
Administrator
Vlad

Kudos : 4

Lockdown Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lockdown Thread   Lockdown Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:14 pm

Good Chance to try it out Very Happy

haha

Back to top Go down
http://fogriders.webs.com
Eyelost
Forum Bahamut
Forum Bahamut
Eyelost

Lockdown Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lockdown Thread   Lockdown Thread Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:15 am

SiLeNCel2 wrote:
haha, now i´m trying to imagine how awesome an l85 with pointman moving speed would be! xD

I agree with Vlad, very fun chance to try out a lot of weapons with different character abilities in lockdown. Being in this order from important imo.

Rifleman using a Pointman gun (same concept applies, start as a rifleman with a temp gun, swap to pointman in round 2). Main benefit from this is you'll still move fairly quick as all Pointman weapons have high mobility, and you'll have the defense boost of a Rifleman.

Pointman using Rifleman gun (Already explain in my guide for the most part.)

Sniper using Rifleman/Pointman guns (Yes, you move slowly. Though for some the extra secondary weapon ammo might come in more handy in lockdown then the speed or defense boosts, example: anyone with pro aim and reaction time would be better of taking the extra ammo then defense or speed.)

Try out combination's!
Back to top Go down
Keizhen™
Sergeant
Sergeant

Kudos : 6

Lockdown Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lockdown Thread   Lockdown Thread Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 8:01 am

hey, this worked out greatly for me XDDD

i went sniper 300-1 like a boss
Back to top Go down
SiLeNCel2
Captain
Captain
SiLeNCel2

Kudos : 1

Lockdown Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lockdown Thread   Lockdown Thread Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:07 pm

hm i tired to use sako as pointman... it works, but in my case, not too well.... the speed boost is not big enough to rely on it, you will NOT become a superfast dodging-pro with a rifle, more like a tiny bit faster rifleman with crappy defences. maybe it´s the huge lag i have in all AI modes, zombies warping in your face or myself warping all over the place... that was annyoing before, but with this glitch i die in 1 hit and still have no chance to dodge the laggers...

maybe for others (US players etc.) it´s great but with such lag you can as well use a regular rifleman und hope to tank some more when getting warp-surrounded...
Back to top Go down
Eyelost
Forum Bahamut
Forum Bahamut
Eyelost

Lockdown Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lockdown Thread   Lockdown Thread Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:50 pm

SiLeNCel2 wrote:
hm i tired to use sako as pointman... it works, but in my case, not too well.... the speed boost is not big enough to rely on it, you will NOT become a superfast dodging-pro with a rifle, more like a tiny bit faster rifleman with crappy defences. maybe it´s the huge lag i have in all AI modes, zombies warping in your face or myself warping all over the place... that was annyoing before, but with this glitch i die in 1 hit and still have no chance to dodge the laggers...

maybe for others (US players etc.) it´s great but with such lag you can as well use a regular rifleman und hope to tank some more when getting warp-surrounded...

You need to remember the "Mobility" stat plays a part in movement speed. The extra boost for me must be from total mobility +2% and when I had my Baret, Honestly for me I feel that the boost is just enough, I never said it was THAT drastic, but trust me you'd be surprised how useful it could be.

Also note, the MAIN purpose of this was for no repairing costs, not the actually class to class boosts.

Edit: Eq, where you been? Q.Q

Edit 2: You lagzors need to learn to not stop shooting when lag kicks in, as long as it's not FPS lag.
Back to top Go down
Keizhen™
Sergeant
Sergeant

Kudos : 6

Lockdown Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lockdown Thread   Lockdown Thread Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:56 pm

D;

my counter-strike source addiction of deagle headshots took over ;-;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lockdown Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lockdown Thread   Lockdown Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lockdown Thread
Page 1 of 1