FogRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Ride the Fog - We do the Impossible - We PWN Pros

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Facebook connect is now supported. Link your accounts [here] under "Associate your Facebook account". Once linked you can login to the forum/portal with one click.
I is announced! It will be held on Match of 6th.

Much More About Chating In-Game

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vlad
Administrator
Administrator
Vlad

Kudos : 4

Much More About Chating In-Game Empty
PostSubject: Much More About Chating In-Game   Much More About Chating In-Game Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi Guys and Girls

I came here to teach you one fundumental thing! Chating In-Game! Ever questiond how to Reply Whisper ingame ? How to Reply it Quickly ? How to read messages whcih you didn't see because of Happenings on Screen or because you are in the heat of the battle! Here is the solution!

To quick reply somene Who just invited you to game or Someone who whsiperd you, just perss button "INSERT" on your Keyboard! For somene else who you want to whsiper just type "/w Vlad" and you whisper me! To invite somene from Ingame, you just type "/i Vlad"!

And about lost messages...you can navigate in chat history ingame by simply pressing buttons "PAGE UP" for History...and "PAGE DOWN"

Well hope i helped you, and iluminated you Smile

TRY IT NOW! INGAMEE!

Vlad
Back to top Go down
http://fogriders.webs.com
SiLeNCel2
Captain
Captain
SiLeNCel2

Kudos : 1

PostSubject: Re: Much More About Chating In-Game   Much More About Chating In-Game Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 7:40 am

yes, that´s one of the countless things i have learned from vlad! thx again, very useful!

however, i still have that windows keyboard layout problem in AVA, i accidently switch languages when moving around (then y becomes z and ? becomes _ and much more), then my movement gets screwed up and chatting gets confusing (i won´t go into detail why it happens, would be too much text)...

so i wont answer much when im ingame and im thankful to everyone who doesnt spam me. i won´t leave a running game to join someone else´s room anyways.
exeptions i only make for alpha team cw´s! Razz

don´t make me end like on my signature. thank you. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Eyelost
Forum Bahamut
Forum Bahamut
Eyelost

Kudos : 5

PostSubject: Re: Much More About Chating In-Game   Much More About Chating In-Game Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 6:17 pm

SiLeNCel2 wrote:
yes, that´s one of the countless things i have learned from vlad! thx again, very useful!

however, i still have that windows keyboard layout problem in AVA, i accidently switch languages when moving around (then y becomes z and ? becomes _ and much more), then my movement gets screwed up and chatting gets confusing (i won´t go into detail why it happens, would be too much text)...

so i wont answer much when im ingame and im thankful to everyone who doesnt spam me. i won´t leave a running game to join someone else´s room anyways.
exeptions i only make for alpha team cw´s! Razz

don´t make me end like on my signature. thank you. Laughing

I had that same problem, you just need to edit your keyboard settings, and select one primary language setup for your kb that you prefer most, disable all the others. (my problem was from switching to Canada English, to USA English, to Canada French. I simply removed both Canadas and use only the USA English one.
Back to top Go down
SiLeNCel2
Captain
Captain
SiLeNCel2

PostSubject: Re: Much More About Chating In-Game   Much More About Chating In-Game Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:45 pm

no matter how i bind my controls, this problem will always exist.

the problem is... i can´t remove US settings cause then i would not be able to bind half the buttons im using for years. you can´t bind shift or ctrl for example with german layout (dunno why, those buttons are the same in US/GER) so i have to switch to US, then those buttons work but many others are on different positions.

anyways, what i did now: i changed the windows hotkey from alt+shift to ctrl+shift.

why? ok now it gets confusing:

- i use alt for crouch and shift for walk... remember: alt+shift is also the default hotkey for layout switch.
- with old settings, it was almost impossible to switch from crouch to walk without triggering the hotkeys = not able to walk suddenly cause im back on german layout without shift.
- so i made noise many times i wanted to sneak cause my char started running as soon as i pressed forward. fail.
- but now it doesn´t happen anymore since the new combination is ctrl+shift, and i dont need ctrl for movement. -> no more accidental triggering of hotkeys.

but the typing problem still remains. like z becomes y and ? becomes _ etc... i still have to switch when chatting.

i know it´s confusing, e.g. our ex-member zayl couldn´t even figure out why all this was happening, i had to tell him more than 3 times like some stupid little child why he´s losing his crouch all the time.

you are just lucky that AVA supports your prefered layout, that´s all. and this is the last time i will explain to anyone. Wink
Back to top Go down
Eyelost
Forum Bahamut
Forum Bahamut
Eyelost

PostSubject: Re: Much More About Chating In-Game   Much More About Chating In-Game Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 9:22 pm

SiLeNCel2 wrote:

anyways, what i did now: i changed the windows hotkey from alt+shift to ctrl+shift.

That would have been the alternative I would've suggested, but I didn't think you would've had to do that as I didn't seem to have the problem as serious as you do. Either way glad you managed to fix it.
Back to top Go down
Hankuru
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Much More About Chating In-Game   Much More About Chating In-Game Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 5:56 am

Want to know a quick, and easy way to chat? Press 0 on your Num Keypad! Remember to turn off the 'Num Lock' button before pressing '0'
Back to top Go down
Eyelost
Forum Bahamut
Forum Bahamut
Eyelost

PostSubject: Re: Much More About Chating In-Game   Much More About Chating In-Game Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 5:46 pm

Hankuru wrote:
Want to know a quick, and easy way to chat? Press 0 on your Num Keypad! Remember to turn off the 'Num Lock' button before pressing '0'

Really? I think that's so retarded. I personally think it's easier to hit Enter for chatting then reaching over for the Numpad 0 xD
Nice to know though regardless.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Administrator
Administrator
Vlad

Kudos : 4

PostSubject: Re: Much More About Chating In-Game   Much More About Chating In-Game Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 8:18 pm

for me it is easier to reach "0" :O Since it is 1mm of my mouse x)

Vlad
Back to top Go down
http://fogriders.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Much More About Chating In-Game   Much More About Chating In-Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Much More About Chating In-Game
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FogRiders :: General Discussion :: Guides-
Jump to: