FogRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Ride the Fog - We do the Impossible - We PWN Pros

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Facebook connect is now supported. Link your accounts [here] under "Associate your Facebook account". Once linked you can login to the forum/portal with one click.
I is announced! It will be held on Match of 6th.

Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?

Go down 
+4
Vlad
XenoLair
SiLeNCel2
Firegod
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Firegod
Firegod

Kudos : 1

Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Empty
PostSubject: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:12 pm

So I found this very interesting video on youtube. I was actually looking for more stuff on that russian game that vlad put up to test your accuracy and your reflexes, and found this interesting video.

This guy talks about aiming in the "right side" of the brain.

It should be SOMEWHAT general knowladge that you have a left side, and a right side of your brain. The left side is the side that uses more logic. Whereas the righ tside is meant more for movement and those things "illogical".

Lets put it like this.

A person who crunches numbers all day such as a teller at a bank, or a accountant, is always thinking in the left side of the brain.

A person who does art thinks more in the right side of the brain. Art generally isnt logical. Art is about colors, movement, the space as a WHOLE, not just on particular thing. In art the negative space is just as important as the positive space. *in other words, a space that DOESNT have any paint on it, is just as important as a space that is filled with color*

What im grasping from the video is that the act of aiming *putting your crosshair on a target* IS NOT LOGICAL!!!!

We are suppose to *feel* the target. Scence the movement of a target and react to that sence of movement.

Silence told me once that he doesnt "Think" when he aims, and that aiming just becomes second nature.

That in itself explains my point........if he isnt THINKING about aiming, then he is inside the right part of his brain. He sees the movement, reacts to it, and keeps doing it over and over again untill his reflexes are up enough that he doesnt have to think about it and it becomes second nature.

What is funny about all of this, is that most guys are logical thinkers. Most guys think in the right part of the brain. We need the logic to tell us why we did or didnt do something right. I have been struggling very very hard to just let things flow, and i have started to notice a improvement in my aim very slightly.

But the frustrateing part is getting back to that point over and over again. Some days I can do it, and it just flows and other days its like it never happened. But you just have to keep practicing.

Watch the vid and comment, hope you guys find this helpfull and interesting and maybe some of you can try it and let me know what you think about this.

Peace.

FG

Last edited by Firegod on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SiLeNCel2
Captain
Captain
SiLeNCel2

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:58 pm

Firegod wrote:
Eye told me once that he doesnt "Think" when he aims, and that aiming just becomes second nature.

that was me tbh but nevermind, from what i understand from the video, my logical, left side is very week lol. i mostly play on instinct that´s why i suck at demo maybe... i get irritaded when nothing happens plus i need a good commander who takes decicions for me to be at least a bit effective!

but i wouldn´t give so much on that video cause apparently you often have to use both sides at the same time, left for making decisions and right for feeling/coordination. so you can´t just turn them off...

on the other hand, don´t listen to me, i write with left hand and use mouse with right hand... so i wonder what my "corpus colossus" looks like... i always thought that´s something in my pants...
Back to top Go down
Firegod
Firegod

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:36 pm

OOPS silence, sorry about that *im not going to lie, as i was typing i was wondering if it was you or eye that said that rofl*

ill change it.
Back to top Go down
Firegod
Firegod

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:39 pm

Good responce silence haha.

Thats interesting that you write with left and mouse with right...............man thats interesting indeed.

But yes, its not to say that you turn the left side off completely rofl, nonono, its that you streghthen the right side more.

See the left side is logical, but it also sometimes tries to do things that the right side does. and the right side is just better at somet things than the left side.

You have to be able to let each side do what it needs to do, instead of just focusing on one thing. But no, i wasnt trying to emply that you straight turn logic off. If thats what it sounds like I apologize.

Im sure there needs to be a balance between the 2.
Back to top Go down
Firegod
Firegod

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:42 pm

Also guys, check out his youtube page, he has alot of vids on other games like Css and TF2.
Back to top Go down
XenoLair
Administrator
Administrator
XenoLair

Kudos : 8

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:59 pm

So I guess I must let my emotions do the killing?
Oh nice little EU soldier, I love you so much right now - BOOM headshot! yeah!
Back to top Go down
Firegod
Firegod

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:39 am

lol i guess that is true XP
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Administrator
Administrator
Vlad

Kudos : 4

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 4:46 pm

I watched it FireGhod, and i must say i was impressed and that i can agree with him.
Like he said, sometimes i play good, head shots are present....but sometimes is like every kill is HeadShot, and i give headshots 5 times in a row in few sec...and again sometimes i think i have lost the "feeling" and i can feel i'm not doing that good!

I have also noticed when i'm typing, chatting with people while gamming...I don't have that feeling, and i have allways tought its because i'm not concetrating...but in fact like that guy said, i'm giving priotrity to other side of hemisfere hemispheres that i shuld!
Also, back then when i was Playing CounterStrikeSource & Combat Arms, i was hanging out with freinds on Vent, i allways was far worse and had feeling that my HS ability has been lost!

Since English is not my mother tounge, and basicly i understand & speak almost 4 languges. And since english isn't natural to me (at all), i'm using non-gamming hemisphere while chatting and gamming. Sometimes when i have "feeling-good score-aimboting HeadShoits" i try to quicly responde to somenes message, tthen happens to me that i write down combination of 3 langueges in Chatbox or Even some sensles things! :O

Now i See & Understand why XENO21 and some others Dosn't Speak-Chat and basicly dosn't see chating while they are playing! Very Happy cat (their right hemisphere must be working like crazy Shocked cat )

SiLeNCel2 wrote:

on the other hand, don´t listen to me, i write with left hand and use mouse with right hand... so i wonder what my "corpus colossus" looks like... i always thought that´s something in my pants...

Silencer, we have then some similarites cyclops I Write with right hand, but cut bread and meat with my left hand, i eat soup with right hand and i play guitar with left hand and etc. Laughing affraid Shocked
Well but i have myself for right handed, because i play with right hand, I can do most of the stuff with right...click stuff, but not play.

XenoLair wrote:
So I guess I must let my emotions do the killing?
Oh nice little EU soldier, I love you so much right now - BOOM headshot! yeah!

Sure you must, let your emotions do the Killing...but opposite way, Emotions are also bad things, like Hate, Envy, Contempt, Anger and much others.
For those who watched Star Wars Series: So like Dark Jedi Teaching says, let your Emotions, Anger, Hate come out, from those you Gain-Accumulete Power Strenth...It seems Dark Jedi are right Smile

(afther recalling that, i went for search if my memory served me right)

""What fuels your power with the Force but your passion? The stronger, darker emotions. Anger, hatred, fear… these passions empower us."
―Yuthura Ban

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
"
—The Sith Code

Hail To The Tachings of The SITH cat cat cat

Hope i anwserd your Question Wink

Now i also told my secret from where my HeadShot power comes Twisted Evil cat Cool

Vlad
Back to top Go down
http://fogriders.webs.com
Komandir
Administrator
Administrator
Komandir

Kudos : 16

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 6:16 pm

So now I know why I suck in demo Razz There's nothing going on and the right side of my brain is sleeping ;p I'm searching for a guy to shoot at, finaly I see one and the left side of my brain has to precess a lot of information and it takes a lot of ms.

Ohh there's a guy standing behind a box. He has a gun. He wants to kill me. Ohh I also have a gun Very Happy I also want to kill him. To kill him I have to aim at him so I have to move the mouse. Then I have to pull the trigger. To pull the trigger I have to click the mouse. Before it all happens BOOOM I'm dead :p

It's just like playing on high ping I guess Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Firegod
Firegod

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:19 pm

rofl at komandir

dude you know whats sad is that I think that way sometimes to!

Ill be like

"Ok so we are rushing 2....i really hope a guy isnt around this corner! ok he isnt...where is he then, did they have noone rush........ok looks like someone is up there.....ok ill sneak around back.......hopefully none is around OH THERE HE IS OH MAN AWW I DIED OMG OMG OMG!"

The whole time i was thinking WAY to much. Makes me think that if i didnt think so much that i would kill more XP
Back to top Go down
Komandir
Administrator
Administrator
Komandir

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:30 pm

Firegod wrote:
The whole time i was thinking WAY to much. Makes me think that if i didnt think so much that i would kill more XP
That's right. Very Happy And now I also know why it is possible to play drunk in annihilation and still be good at it hahaha Laughing U don't have to think U just feel it and shoot Razz
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Administrator
Administrator
Vlad

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:36 pm

It seems my post was too long anyone to read No
Back to top Go down
Komandir
Administrator
Administrator
Komandir

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:54 pm

Vlad wrote:
I did read it but now I'm working on posting my photos. ;p I'll comment it later Vlad Wink
Back to top Go down
SiLeNCel2
Captain
Captain
SiLeNCel2

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:24 pm

Vlad wrote:

not at all, but you say you gain strength from anger and hate? well, for me it works the other way round, if someone really pisses me off (which i learned to control pretty good in general but this game has tpg Laughing), i may get mad and try just to kill this guy instead of taking care of my environment, and that´s when i will step into every nade or sprint at the enemy side and right into their headshots before i can reach that one guy i want to kill... then i realize it doesn´t work out, play carefully again, even make it behind enemy lines this time but then BAAAAM that guy kills me again! xD

i´m best if i just play... dont care if they are green, blue or red or in some pro clan, forget about sd and just do what´s necessary...

but like you and komandir said, it´s hard to "feel" when chat etc. is distracting you. but that´s just natural, for me it´s just simple distraction and not some higher neurological science of corpus colossus!

i can talk and shoot, ok... but not move my eyes to the down left corner of the screen and shoot... this worked better with my old 17" monitor, with the 22" tft i dont even see the ammo counter without turning my head... sux...
i was clearly better with my old screen but 22" is just tooooo nice! maybe i should put it further away from my face! xD

@wrinting with left hand... well, i do most of the stuff with my right hand cause apparently my right arm is stronger but if i try to write with right hand, you cant read a word lol. it´s just not precise enough! strangely i can control my mouse with it at all!

i guess nature was in joking mood that day i was born haha!
Back to top Go down
TwicedeaD
Private First Class
Private First Class

Kudos : 0

PostSubject: I find   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:22 am

I find the best way to get to the right side of the brain is totally get zonked, and play alot.
Then as long as i keep playing I'll keep it for 2-3 days until i get bored again.
Back to top Go down
Firegod
Firegod

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:27 am

zonked, you mean drunk, waisted, ect ect?

Yea ive seen alot of people play drunk, specially in CSS and they seem to do well. maybe thats why i suck so much xp.

But if you think about it, when you are drunk, you dont really think much, so you just have to go off what you see and try to react to it. so i guess it makes scence in a way.
Back to top Go down
Komandir
Administrator
Administrator
Komandir

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:56 am

Firegod wrote:
zonked, you mean drunk, waisted, ect ect?

Yea ive seen alot of people play drunk, specially in CSS and they seem to do well. maybe thats why i suck so much xp.

But if you think about it, when you are drunk, you dont really think much, so you just have to go off what you see and try to react to it. so i guess it makes scence in a way.

Komandir wrote:
And now I also know why it is possible to play drunk in annihilation and still be good at it hahaha Laughing U don't have to think U just feel it and shoot Razz

And also after 1-2 beers you get more relaxed Razz There's something to it but drinking every time you play isn't a good idea though. We have to learn how to manage it in a different way. More healthy one Razz Maybe there are some exercises to do that. Have to find it on the net Wink
Back to top Go down
TwicedeaD
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:38 am

Komandir wrote:

And also after 1-2 beers you get more relaxed Razz There's something to it but drinking every time you play isn't a good idea though. We have to learn how to manage it in a different way. More healthy one Razz Maybe there are some exercises to do that. Have to find it on the net Wink

Exercises and gaming? man, I don't know who you are, where you live and what your smoking, but I feel like I should smack you! Very Happy

Theres nothing wrong with a couple... dozen drinks every other day.
Back to top Go down
Komandir
Administrator
Administrator
Komandir

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:22 am

TwicedeaD wrote:
Komandir wrote:

Exercises and gaming? man, I don't know who you are, where you live and what your smoking, but I feel like I should smack you! Very Happy

Theres nothing wrong with a couple... dozen drinks every other day.
I meant some exercises like this one https://fogriders.forumotion.com/guides-f6/reaction-time-test-yours-now-t101.htm Razz There has to bo something to let your right side of brain take control Very Happy Seriously that stuff which Firegod posted works. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Firegod
Firegod

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:39 pm

yea i try to do alittle warm up before I play if im not to much in a rush. It actually helps to get your reflexes up before you start to play.

I play the russian game that vlad put up and the reflex tester....

I wish they had a "recoil control" game.......someone make one.
Back to top Go down
Eyelost
Forum Bahamut
Forum Bahamut
Eyelost

Kudos : 5

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:13 am

Firegod wrote:
yea i try to do alittle warm up before I play if im not to much in a rush. It actually helps to get your reflexes up before you start to play.

I play the russian game that vlad put up and the reflex tester....

I wish they had a "recoil control" game.......someone make one.

Recoil control lol... you don't need training for that, it's simply controlling your taps and bursts.

Look, Steps.

Aim
Stay calm
Shoot (Tap, Burst, etc)
Pay attention(and by pay attention I mean don't lose focus and randomly spray out of pure reaction, keep focus to your shooting) ;D
Back to top Go down
Firegod
Firegod

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 7:40 am

.....eye that does not work ROFL

Dude, for me controlling recoil is like a freaking hard mathmatical equation or something.

The reason i was pointman for so long was because i couldnt controll recoil worth a crap. And to be honest, if I didnt have firefox, id STILL be pointman haha.

Its like when you click, the first 3 shots or so stay straight, but then it goes up, and you have to slowly pull down.......but then like another dude comes, and you have to shoot more, and pull down, but then it goes to the right, and you are moveing to the left, and his head is up higher cause you pullled down so much but then the recoil goes to the right some and you stop moveing but then........

you die?

its freaking complicated......I need practice on that junk.

Someone make a recoil game........go.......
Back to top Go down
SiLeNCel2
Captain
Captain
SiLeNCel2

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:41 am

when i was trying to tame sako, i raised the dpi of my mouse and it helped a lot! you don´t have to make it faster, just raise dpi and lower sensivity. dunno if that is an option for you...
Back to top Go down
xeno21
Corporal
Corporal
xeno21

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:33 pm

!!!!
Warning Jedies!
This guy from the video trying to lure you on the dark side! It sounds that he wants thant your anger took control over you!
May the Force be with you!
!!!

Aiming with right side of brain, wow. Well I guess something in it. I wonder what part I am using.

Someone tell me what so you feel when aiming with right side please.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Administrator
Administrator
Vlad

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:20 pm

// But the Dark SIDE IS STRONGER! Twisted Evil
// COME TO THE DARK SIDE! Twisted Evil
You don't feel anything, except suprise and maybe anger when you can't get into the game and allways aim fail...and asking yourself the question " Why do i sux" Smile

Vlad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?   Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is how well you aim controlled by the right side of the brain?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FogRiders :: General Discussion :: Guides-
Jump to: