FogRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Ride the Fog - We do the Impossible - We PWN Pros

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Facebook connect is now supported. Link your accounts [here] under "Associate your Facebook account". Once linked you can login to the forum/portal with one click.
I is announced! It will be held on Match of 6th.

Good Keyboard for AVA

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SiLeNCel2
Captain
Captain
SiLeNCel2

Kudos : 1

Good Keyboard for AVA Empty
PostSubject: Good Keyboard for AVA   Good Keyboard for AVA Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:43 pm

hi,

some of you might have noticed that me and zayl have a hard time writing in ava chat... this is mainly because of the bad localization of the game: it doesnt support german keyboard layout, only US layout => whenever i want to use keys like ctrl, shift or ?!%()/, i get no response or symbols i dont want (since US keyboard layout has many buttons placed different), it even switches basic letters like z and y (you might have seen me say "zes" for yes or "yazl" for zayl... damn his name as well!).

it´s really confusing! whenever i want to write, i have to switch the layouts with a windows hotkey (which again uses ctrl key so it doesnt work everytime) and after writing i have to switch it back, otherwise i cant crouch or walk anymore... it often takes me ages to respond and im thankful for every button less to press (for example i dont use the command orders often)...it even causes problemns in ventrillo, man i feel so retarded!!!
me and twice already tried lots of workarounds, but they are all are not satisfiying or making things worse!

so i gave up and ordered this today:
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/aid,697388/G110-Logitech-stellt-neues-Gaming-Keyboard-vor/Eingabegeraet/News/
it has 12 makro keys you can program with single key strokes or complex (time delayed) combos... but i would just put on a makro for switching the layout to US and the rest i will use for command orders! and it has a nice feature to disable the windows-key, illuminated keys, USB hub, audio out...

but what sucks is the price... 60-80 euro for a keyboard... my 5 euro office keyboard was just fine, never had any problems in other games!
however, there is an even more expensive version, it has a display to show game information but tell me.... who the fuck wants to look on his keyboard to see ammunition etc.??

so if anyone has similar problems... this could be helpful!
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Administrator
Administrator
Vlad

Kudos : 4

PostSubject: Re: Good Keyboard for AVA   Good Keyboard for AVA Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:46 pm

omfg that is one hell of pice of keyboard!
I have also one basic keyboard...altought i feel sorry for her...my brother begined playing Fifa10 on it Sad...and he presses on her so hard that keys make wierd noises =(...and he slams her time to time =/

btw i'll take picture of her.

Vlad
Back to top Go down
http://fogriders.webs.com
Eyelost
Forum Bahamut
Forum Bahamut
Eyelost

Kudos : 5

PostSubject: Re: Good Keyboard for AVA   Good Keyboard for AVA Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 1:54 am

That looks like one hell of a keyboard lol, I've never owned a gaming keyboard myself. I use one of the basic ones I got a few years back.
Back to top Go down
Dezz
Corporal
Corporal
Dezz

Kudos : 0

PostSubject: Re: Good Keyboard for AVA   Good Keyboard for AVA Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 2:29 pm

I have 2 keyboards.

This one: http://www.mmb-onlineshop.de/images/Logitech%20Wave%20Keyboard.jpg
And one is default(nothing special)
I am going to buy this one: http://compeldesigns.com/store/images/51424a85156b585a8.jpg

This razer keyboard is fkin good for fps shooters coz of her fast reaction. If you click 13 buttons at the same time it will register them all. A lot of keyboards do some sound like PII PII PII.
Back to top Go down
xeno21
Corporal
Corporal
xeno21

Kudos : 0

PostSubject: Re: Good Keyboard for AVA   Good Keyboard for AVA Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 6:21 pm

Lol hate those sounds!
It was really big problem when I was playing with friends in games like Mortal Combat 1-4, Wrestlemania and like that.
Not I dont press so many buttons at once.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Keyboard for AVA   Good Keyboard for AVA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Keyboard for AVA
Page 1 of 1